Erpats

ér-pats (n): Tagalog slang for 'father' in which the two syllables are used in reverse order. This blog is about being a father, a husband, a man.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Davao City, Philippines

Friday, May 12, 2006

erpatshood

I love telling the story of when my son, Daniel, was born. My wife Dadai and I had taken Lamaze, and so I was inside the delivery room to coach her on her breathing. But at the crowning the doctor told me to move by her side to see my child as he/she came out, and so I did, and that has meant all the difference in my life. For when I saw my child come out, I felt like I was also being born. I felt like a new man, and a new man indeed I was. I was no longer just Jon Joaquin, the husband of Dadai. I was also Jon Joaquin, the father of Daniel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home